Porcelain Dental Crowns - Nashua NH
Porcelain Crowns are one of the most elegant solutions for basic dental problems, creating a new surface to cover a damaged, broken, or badly discolored tooth. Dental crowns and caps are common and risk-free dental procedures, and have enabled millions of people to achieve beautiful, healthy smiles.
Why Are Dental Crowns Used?
Your teeth are meant to last a lifetime, but unfortunately, that's not always possible. From tooth decay to accidents, there are many common problems that can potentially damage teeth beyond their ability to self-heal. A porcelain crown can be used to cover and repair:
- Stains and discoloration
- Chipping, cracking, or other marks on teeth surfaces
- Tooth decay that can't be easily repaired with a filling
- Tooth implants
How Porcelain Crowns Are Made
Caps and crowns are intended to cover individual teeth. At Krothapalli Family Dental, we typically prepare and install them in two appointments.
First, Dr. Krothapalli will file the tooth and prepare the surface to hold the crown. Next, we'll take a mold or impression of the resurfaced tooth so that a cap or crown can be tailored for a perfect fit, and then a temporary crown is put on.
At the second appointment, the temporary crown is taken off and our dentists install the permanent one in its place.
Dental crowns can be made from ceramic, resin (plastic), porcelain, or metals like gold, nickel, and chromium. At our dental office, we prefer porcelain crowns for their durability, neutral appearance, and high level of safety.
Porcelain Dental Crown Benefits
- Invisibility: Porcelain crowns are white or tooth-colored to match the color of your natural enamel, rendering them all but invisible. This visually aesthetic solution is a vast improvement over older types of metal dental crowns.
- Durability: Crowns are a strong, resilient solution for damaged teeth, designed to last for many years.
- Easy maintenance: At our dental practice, we take the time to install well-fitted crowns that cover your teeth perfectly, making it just as easy to care for and clean your new crowns as your natural teeth.
Caring for Tooth Crowns
Dental crowns are usually easy to care for, although they require the same degree of cleaning and attention as natural teeth. Brushing, flossing, and regular dental hygiene appointments are still very important. In addition, crowns can potentially chip or come loose, so they may require some degree of future maintenance.
Crowns are a simple and effective way to improve the appearance and health of your teeth. Call us Today at 603-883-2232 for more information or click here to request an appointment online! with one of our dentists to find out whether porcelain caps or crowns may be the right solution for you. Our practice welcomes patients fromHudson, Merrimack, Amherst, Brookline
and all surrounding communities. Call us Today at 603-883-2232 to schedule your appointment!